This is a really fun night out with continuous nibbles and refreshments available.
We would like to invite our dairy clients along to our Dairy Awards and Quiz Night on Tuesday April the 11th 2017. Enjoy a fun evening out, starting at 7.30 pm at the Glenavy Hall. We have two $500 Riverstone Kitchen vouchers to be won!
Teams, of up to 5, can register for the quiz by phoning Oamaru VC (03-434 5666), Glenavy VC (03 689 8118) or Waimate VC (03 689 7213) – with a team name. If you can’t make up a team – just phone in and come along, and we will form teams on the night – there’s a spot for every-one!!
We will also be announcing 7 Awards this year:
- Lowest whole season BMSCC
- Lowest early season BMSCC
- Lowest season incidence of clinical mastitis
- Highest 6 week In Calf Rate
- Best Conception Rate
- Highest 9 week In Calf Rate
- Greatest improvement in Reproductive performance.
The First prize for the Lowest whole season BMSCC, and the First Prize for the Highest 6 Week In Calf Rate, will be a $500 meal voucher from Riverstone!
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR DAIRY AWARDS
- Farms must be enrolled on Infovet. Clients not signed up will be contacted but sign ups must be completed by the 1st of April. This includes Oceania/Fonterra access.
- Reproductive measures will be taken from the Fertility Focus Report.
- The whole herd must have complete and accurately recorded calving dates from the previous spring.
- A common denominator of ‘Herd at PSM’ is used for many measures. Ensure that any culls or deaths which occurred before the PSM have been removed from your records to enhance your FFR.
- Herds that contain greater than 35% heifers will not be eligible as these have unfair advantage over a herd with a standard age distribution.
- Clinical mastitis events for the season to date must be entered by the 1st of April
- The Judge’s decision is final.