Our large animal veterinarians and support crew are dedicated to helping farmers maximise the profitability of their on- farm endeavours. Our clinics have a strong dairy focus, with an aim to provide gold standard service and advice. We have a great crew of vets ready to examine your sick animals and carry out routine jobs, as well as trained Incalf, Healthy Hoof, Mastitis Investigation, and Nutritional advisors. With the new Infovet computer system we can offer aged pregnancy testing on dairy cows, as well as detailed analysis of reproductive performance, mastitis, and production.
Feel free to contact us if you are moving into the area, converting, or simply looking for more in-depth advice and a greater relationship with your veterinarian.
July Monthly Reminders
- Get a Body Condition Score done at the start of July to monitor condition gain/ wintering programme (calving target = 5.0 - 5.5 for cows and 5.5 – 6.0 for heifers)
- Start Magnesium supplementation 3-4 weeks before the planned start of calving
- Inject cows with selenium 2-4 weeks prior to calving if no selenium administered over the Winter period
- Enrol staff for the Spring Seminar for Workers
- Rotavec should be administered 3 weeks prior to calving
- Run Induction cows as a separate mob – must be 8-12 weeks from calving at the time of the first injection
- Weigh calves to evaluate wintering programme (consider Growright)
- A blood test can be performed on 15 yearling calves to determine BVD status of the group
Animal Health Plans
Check out our consultancy packages we offer below.