Sheep, Beef & More
With a great mix of experience and youth, our team of veterinarians are well placed to offer gold standard service and advice to our Sheep, Beef, and Deer clients. We offer a wide range of routine ambulatory services where we can assist with sick animals, trace element testing, pregnancy testing, ram palpations, calvings and so forth. We also have an ever expanding range of specialty services, including consultancy services (such as Animal Health Plans, Lifetime Ewe Management, Genetics etc), AI and Embryo Transfer, Feet First footrot services, Bull Testing, and Faecal Egg Count Reduction Testing.
Feel free to contact us if you are looking for more in-depth advice and a greater relationship with your veterinarian.
February Monthly Reminders
- Ensure mineral levels are adequate going into mating, especially Iodine and Selenium
- Palpate udders and Body Condition Score ewes one month after weaning. Cull poor animals to increase lamb survivability
- Weigh 2 tooths to ensure they are on track to reach target mating weights
- Reproductive vaccines (Toxo and Campy) should be started/ boosted if not already done. This should be started in hoggets if hogget mating. 4 tooths should receive a Campy booster again the following year after starting the programme as a 2 tooth.
- Pre-Christmas fly product is often running out by February, consider the need for re-application
- Annual footrot inspection when conditions are dry will help remove the pool of infectious animals going into the Autumn
- Continue with preventative drench programme in lambs
- Clostridial booster (or sensitiser if not already done) should be given to replacement hoggets, lambs, and calves if not already given
Animal Health Plans
Check out our consultancy packages we offer below.