Our large animal veterinarians and support crew are dedicated to helping farmers maximise the profitability of their on- farm endeavours. Our clinics have a strong dairy focus, with an aim to provide gold standard service and advice. We have a great crew of vets ready to examine your sick animals and carry out routine jobs, as well as trained Incalf, Healthy Hoof, Mastitis Investigation, and Nutritional advisors. With the new Infovet computer system we can offer aged pregnancy testing on dairy cows, as well as detailed analysis of reproductive performance, mastitis, and production.
Feel free to contact us if you are moving into the area, converting, or simply looking for more in-depth advice and a greater relationship with your veterinarian.
May Monthly Reminders
- Dry off cows with a BCS of 4.0 or lower at the start of the month
- Heifers can be teatsealed from May onwards
- Weigh calves to ensure they are on target (consider Growright)
- Consider a late whole herd PD to detect foetal loss before winter
- Consider salmonella vaccination (sensitizer) if abortion or cow deaths were an issue last season
- Book in Tracecheck or Optigrow liver biopsies for pre-winter Trace Element monitoring
- Reduce feed intake for the last week of milking
- Body Condition Score your herd before they go to the run-off
Animal Health Plans
Check out our consultancy packages we offer below.