Sheep, Beef & More
With a great mix of experience and youth, our team of veterinarians are well placed to offer gold standard service and advice to our Sheep, Beef, and Deer clients. We offer a wide range of routine ambulatory services where we can assist with sick animals, trace element testing, pregnancy testing, ram palpations, calvings and so forth. We also have an ever expanding range of specialty services, including consultancy services (such as Animal Health Plans, Lifetime Ewe Management, Genetics etc), AI and Embryo Transfer, Feet First footrot services, Bull Testing, and Faecal Egg Count Reduction Testing.
Feel free to contact us if you are looking for more in-depth advice and a greater relationship with your veterinarian.
May Monthly Reminders
- Dry off cows with a BCS of 4.0 or lower at the start of the month
- Heifers can be teatsealed from May onwards
- Weigh calves to ensure they are on target (consider Growright)
- Consider a late whole herd PD to detect foetal loss before winter
- Consider salmonella vaccination (sensitizer) if abortion or cow deaths were an issue last season
- Book in Tracecheck or Optigrow liver biopsies for pre-winter Trace Element monitoring
- Reduce feed intake for the last week of milking
- Body Condition Score your herd before they go to the run-off
Animal Health Plans
Check out our consultancy packages we offer below.