Slug Bait Toxicity Alert

Pet poisonings are always very distressing for the pet, the owner and even the vets! Slug bait is a common household item toxic to pets and autumn is one of the recommended periods for its use.

Slug bait acts as a nerve agent and has very sudden onset of action, typically within about an hour of being eaten.

If your dog does eat slug and snail bait it is important to contact your vet ASAP because death can occur very rapidly. At the Veterinary Centre we have successfully treated dogs for slug bait poisoning with quick diagnosis and treatment (usually by inducing vomiting) being key to full recovery.

To avoid poisoning make sure you keep slug bait out of reach of your pets or buy a pet friendly version of this product.