Easter Chocolate And Your Dog!

Did you know...... Chocolate contains substances known as METHYLAXANTHINES, most importantly THEOBROMINE.

Dog are far more sensitive to theobromine than people and can quite easily consume toxic amounts.

The darker and more bitter the chocolate, the higher the concentration of these toxic products.

If acted on promptly, emptying the stomach of the ingested chocolate can prevent clinical signs of toxicity from developing.

If your pet has ingested a toxic amount you should bring them in to your nearest Blue Cross Veterinary Centre as soon as possible for treatment.